Your top infrastructure stories of the week
Your top infrastructure stories of the past week:
- A House of Representatives joint committee yesterday approved government amendments to the Railway Act that would hand more powers to regulate the national railway system to the Transport Minister.
- Egypt jumped 34 places since last month in Speedtest’s latest December update in fixed broadband download speed likely due to Telecom Egypt’s USD 16 bn investment since mid-2018 to improve internet infrastructure.
- In renewable news: Germany’s Belectric won a tender for a 50 MW solar photovoltaic power plant in Zaafarana, while Dubai’s Alcazar Energy is bidding for one wind and one solar plant in the West Nile region with a combined capacity of 450 MW.
- The New Administrative Capital Company for Urban Development (NACCUD) signed a contract with US-based Honeywell and Etisalat Misr to develop a smart city management system for the new capital.
- El Sewedy Electric and two unnamed Chinese and French companies won a tender to supply 200k smart electric meters for part of the first phase of the new administrative capital.