Your top infrastructure stories for the week
Your top infrastructure stories for the week:
- Private equity firm Actis and the Sovereign Fund of Egypt aim to channel some GBP 3 bn worth of investment into infrastructure and energy in Egypt over the coming three years.
- Orascom Construction added USD 770 mn to its backlog in 4Q2019 with a bulk of the new projects underway in Egypt cutting across infrastructure, healthcare and logistics.
- Construction on the new capital medical city began this week and Egypt Care intends to launch the first phase of the EGP 18 bn city in 30 months.
- Electricity exports fell 15% between July and November last year, meanwhile the government is working to increase our electrical connection capacity with Jordan.
- The New Valley Governorate started work on the EGP 2.5 bn logistics zone in partnership with the Internal Trade Development Authority, designated for dates and crops this week as well.