Your top 5 education stories for the past week
ِApart from the EFG Hermes-GEMS joint venture acquiring a majority stake in Option Travel, your top education news stories in Egypt this week:
- Prime Minister Moustafa Madbouly attacked those who he claims “are hindering progress on education reform for their own vested interest,” at a meeting with the press following last week’s cabinet shuffle.
- The Education Ministry has issued mock exams for the new Thanaweya Amma, which will be taken electronically, according to Al Masry Al Youm.
- The Higher Education Ministry is also looking to increase the number of exams taken electronically across Egypt’s universities, Minister Khaled Abdel Ghaffar said, according to Masrawy.
- El Watan is running a best and worst of 2019 in teaching in Egypt.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi said last week that the “respect” subject will be taught at schools without providing further details.