Your top 5 education stories for the past week
Your top education news stories in Egypt this week:
- The EGX added education as an industry classification in its reclassification of constituent industries over the weekend.
- Education Minister Tarek Shawky is staying on as Education Minister in large part due to his leadership on education reform, Ittihadiya sources tell Masrawy.
- The Madbouly Cabinet signed off on EUR 23.4 mn in funding from the German development agency (GIZ) to implement education and employment projects.
- NI Capital kicked off the public subscription period for the National Investment Charity Fund for Education last week.
- Shou Ming foiled by the anti-Heisenberg: Shawky’s newly appointed deputy minister Reda Hegazy is a longtime ministry official who was charged with clamping down on the Shou Ming’s nefarious exam leaks. Hegazy had also been a chemistry teacher with a better moral compass than Walter White.