Back to the complete issue
Tuesday, 29 October 2019

New Pioneers Holding pharma arm looking to acquire manufacturer this year

M&A WATCH- Pioneers’ new pharma arm on the lookout for acquisition targets, first transaction by year end: Pioneers Holding’s new pharma investment arm Al Noor Pharma is planning to acquire a pharma manufacturer before the end of the year, Al Noor chairman Khaled El Tayeb told the press, without naming potential targets. The company, which will begin business as a distributor, has EGP 1 bn set aside for its expansion plans into manufacturing. Pioneers Holding owns 60% of the company and the remaining 40% is held by unnamed shareholders with experience in the sector. Its upcoming acquisition agreements will be financed through shareholder equity.

Enterprise is a daily publication of Enterprise Ventures LLC, an Egyptian limited liability company (commercial register 83594), and a subsidiary of Inktank Communications. Summaries are intended for guidance only and are provided on an as-is basis; kindly refer to the source article in its original language prior to undertaking any action. Neither Enterprise Ventures nor its staff assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information contained in this publication, whether in the form of summaries or analysis. © 2021 Enterprise Ventures LLC.

Enterprise is available without charge thanks to the generous support of Commercial International Bank (tax ID: 204-891-949), the largest private-sector bank in Egypt; EFG Hermes (tax ID: 200-178-385), the leading financial services corporation in frontier emerging markets; SODIC (tax ID: 212-168-002), a leading Egyptian real estate developer; SomaBay (tax ID: 204-903-300), our Red Sea holiday partner; Infinity (tax ID: 474-939-359), the ultimate way to power cities, industries, and homes directly from nature right here in Egypt; CIRA (tax ID: 200-069-608), the leading providers of K-12 and higher level education in Egypt; Orascom Construction (tax ID: 229-988-806), the leading construction and engineering company building infrastructure in Egypt and abroad; and Act Financial (tax ID: 493-924-612), the leading activist investor in Egypt.