Back to the complete issue
Wednesday, 18 September 2019

Uganda’s central bank gives Egypt’s BdC green light to buy out Cairo International Bank

M&A WATCH- Ugandan central bank gives BdC green light to buy out Cairo International Bank: The Ugandan central bank has signed off on Banque du Caire’s (BdC) full acquisition of Cairo International Bank in Kampala, Uganda, Chairman Tarek Fayed told Amwal Al Ghad. BdC previously owned 60% of the bank, and is now acquiring the remaining 40% that were jointly held by the National Bank of Egypt and Banque Misr. The Central Bank of Egypt had also given BdC the green light for the acquisition back in May.

Enterprise is a daily publication of Enterprise Ventures LLC, an Egyptian limited liability company (commercial register 83594), and a subsidiary of Inktank Communications. Summaries are intended for guidance only and are provided on an as-is basis; kindly refer to the source article in its original language prior to undertaking any action. Neither Enterprise Ventures nor its staff assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information contained in this publication, whether in the form of summaries or analysis. © 2021 Enterprise Ventures LLC.

Enterprise is available without charge thanks to the generous support of Commercial International Bank (tax ID: 204-891-949), the largest private-sector bank in Egypt; EFG Hermes (tax ID: 200-178-385), the leading financial services corporation in frontier emerging markets; SODIC (tax ID: 212-168-002), a leading Egyptian real estate developer; SomaBay (tax ID: 204-903-300), our Red Sea holiday partner; Infinity (tax ID: 474-939-359), the ultimate way to power cities, industries, and homes directly from nature right here in Egypt; CIRA (tax ID: 200-069-608), the leading providers of K-12 and higher level education in Egypt; Orascom Construction (tax ID: 229-988-806), the leading construction and engineering company building infrastructure in Egypt and abroad; and Act Financial (tax ID: 493-924-612), the leading activist investor in Egypt; and Abu Auf (tax ID: 584-628-846), the leading health foodmaker in Egypt and the region.