Thomas Cook says bookings not hit by death of couple in Hurghada
TOURISM WATCH- Thomas Cook says bookings not hit by death of couple in Hurghada, on track for 30-35% increase in its Egypt volume this year: Thomas Cook expects its Egypt bookings to grow 30-35% this year compared to last, the British company’s Egyptian agent, Moody El Shaer, told Reuters’ Arabic service on Monday. El Shaer is also optimistic about the winter 2019 season, saying bookings for the holiday season through Thomas Cook alone will be responsible for a 25% increase in Egypt’s overall tourist arrivals next year. El Shaer said bookings have not been affected by the deaths of two English tourists at a Hurghada hotel last month.
Growing Chinese tourism: Tourism Minister Rania Al Mashat met yesterday with the head of an unnamed Chinese company that is working with Sichuan Airlines to run three weekly flights to Egypt starting October, Al Mal reports.
Italian tourist arrivals double: The number of Italians visiting Egypt is on track to rise 96% year-on-year to 500k arrivals, an unnamed official from the Tourism ministry said.