Sand art bottles, a popular souvenir in Dahab
Chinese newswire Xinhua put together a short photo essay on sand art bottles, a popular souvenir in Dahab.
Also worth a skim:
- Marriott International has launched a hospitality training program in Egypt, in partnership with Helwan university, CNBC Africa reports.
- National anthem stir: A decision by Egypt’s health minister to air the national anthem in state hospitals every morning has set off a storm on social media, the Associated Press reports.
- Islamist preachers are losing audience credibility as TV ratings in Ramadan have seen their popularity drop to its lowest point since 2011, Hany Ghoraba writes to Algemeiner.
- Rice farmers in Upper Egypt’s Minyat Al Said are having trouble tending to their crops: They fear snakes that appear to have taken refuge from the heat in their water-soaked rice fields, Gulf News reports.
- GERD in the news: Tech group Voith has set up a hub in Addis Ababa to help coordinate and advise on hydroelectric projects such as Ethiopia’s mega dam, taking into consideration the dispute with Egypt, according to Power Technology. African Business Magazine, meanwhile, highlights the tensions over the dam are easing.