What Enterprise readers expect of Egypt’s economy — 1Q2017 reader poll
- You have better access to FX than in 4Q2016;
- Almost 40% of you say 1Q was a good time to do business in Egypt — and almost 40% of you think the opposite;
- Nearly 15% of your companies gave raises of 20% or more — and nearly 25% of companies gave no raises in the first quarter;
- The biggest issue facing your business today: Inflation, with 50% of all respondents tipping it as their biggest challenge, followed by the difficulty of finding and retaining talented staff;
- More than 60% of you see business conditions improving in the second half of the year — and over 42% of you are putting your money where your mouths are, saying you’ll increase your investments in Egypt;
- You’re split on your expectations of the EGP going forward, with the most common expectation being that it will be trading in the 14.50-16.50 band by year’s end, followed very closely by the 16.50-18.50 range;
- About 2% of you read Enterprise because your boss makes you.
The surprise of the survey: 26% of respondents were undecided on whether the Cabinet economic committee understands and is sympathetic to the needs of business.
** We’re emailing today those who entered our lunch draw. More on that shortly.
Graphs of the survey results should be below by the time you read this sentence. If not, tap here to see a mobile-friendly version. You can also click the graphs to open a desktop-friendly version of the graphs if you’re at your computer.