Cabinet approves property law amendments, allocates land for petroleum projects, schools
Cabinet met yesterday with Prime Minister Sherif Ismail at the head of the table. Among the key decisions minister took yesterday:
- Approved amendments to laws governing the use of state property, including tasking the General Authority for Reconstruction Projects and Agricultural Development with managing land allocated for reclamation or farming; tapping the New Urban Communities Authority is with managing land allocated for new urban communities; and tasking the Industrial Development Authority with managing land allocated to industrial projects.
- Approved the transfer of 44 land plots from the Religious Endowments Ministry to the Education Ministry to build schools;
- Allocated 614 feddans of state land in Kafr El Sheikh to build fish farms;
- Allocated 85.2 feddans from state land in New Alamein to the Oil Ministry for petroleum projects;
- Approved Egyptian Atomic Energy Authority’s request to contract INVAP for technical assistance on operating the ETRR-2 reactor;
- Approved the land value for Damietta furniture city;
- Merged the Craft Industries & Productive Cooperation Authority and the Organization for Reconstruction & Development of the Egyptian Village under the Local Development Ministry.